Prospecting --Truck lettering

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:12:34 -0700

At 09:21 AM 1/28/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>So what does a legally blind guy do who doesn't drive about signs?  Should
>I hand out pens with business cards?
>Marshall

Sorry, Marshall, for the seemingly flippant answer, but your question
filled my mind with several humorous images. "Sandwich" boards, like Wimpy
used to wear all the time. Bumper stickers on your, uh... tail. Ten-gallon
hat. Whatever. All with appropriate signage, of course. And lest we forget
the old standard....... "Will Werk (meister) for food"  I'd be willing to
bet real money that you'de get a response if you went walking downtown with
a sign on your head. Maybe the list-ees would be willing to post your bail!

Like I said, sorry. Really. Dad was blind for the last several years of his
life, and we often amused ourselves with his driving, etc. He and I both
have enough surface area for a LOT of signs.

Seriously, though, one theme that has come through from the responses is
right on.
People will do business with people that they like.
  Be likeable, and there are many books that can help you there. Be
flexible and tolerant, and ready to own up to your limitations, so you can
work with them instead of against them. Nobody owes you a thing, right?
Write down your headaches and swap with ten other people.... you'll be
begging to get your own problems back.

Hang in there,
Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert, NM