Whether the weather?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:44:33 -0500

Bingo. I grow weary of the argument the pianos weren't climatized for NA. It
has come from every Asian piano mfr out there as a reason why their early
pianos had poor quality. The truth is they just didn't season their wood
adequately.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 9:30 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Whether the weather?

In discussing Pearl River pianos and their intended markets, John writes:

<< What the
Chinese didn't realize at first is that the climate in other markets is not
the same as in China. Because of that, the U.S. instruments suffered from
the maladies that we have observed. Now, those things have been corrected,
and the pianos are supposed to be good quality. >>

Greetings,
    I still don't understand how this is.  The climate in Florida is as
different from that in Nebraska as the climate in San Francisco is from West
Texas.
 And all four of the places are different from one another!
    In other words, exactly what part of the U.S. are the Chinese building
their instruments for?
Wondering,
Ed Foote RPT