Damper Wire Source

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:02:40 -0400

How about bicycle spokes? Haven't measured them, but they might do in a pinch.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gordon Holley
  To: deanmay@pianorebuilders.com ; Pianotech List
  Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:07 AM
  Subject: Re: Damper Wire Source

  Hello Dean.  The damper wire diameter is .072.  The largest piano wire I have is #21 which is
  .047.  Slightly smaller.  Thanks for the thought tho.
  If I could just find someone with a couple (4) damper moldings with the wires still in them, I
  could remove the wires and reuse the wires.
  Many regards,
  Gordon Holley
  Goshen, IN