Damper Wire Source

William R. Monroe pianotech@a440piano.net
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:39:28 -0600

Gordon,

really, why not just call Renner or Pianotek and order some damper wires?
Doubtless you'll have reason to have some on hand even after this job.

regards,
William R. Monroe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Holley" <gwholley@hi-techhousing.com>
To: <deanmay@pianorebuilders.com>; "Pianotech List" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: Damper Wire Source

Hello Dean.  The damper wire diameter is .072.  The largest piano wire I
have is #21 which is
.047.  Slightly smaller.  Thanks for the thought tho.
If I could just find someone with a couple (4) damper moldings with the
wires still in them, I
could remove the wires and reuse the wires.
Many regards,
Gordon Holley
Goshen, IN