Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 1 18:31:23 MDT 2006

"...a hardwood belly bar would be considerably easier to work with than Steinway's under built spruce one."

You mean something like this? 1890s Knabe - 6" x 8" solid white ash - hard as iron monster belly rail - nothing wimpy here.

I didn't feel the need for any additional belly reinforcement on this one!  ;-)

Terry Farrell

SNIP