Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jul 2 22:20:14 MDT 2006

> I spent a lot of midnight hours prepping the Steinway Style IV (as it
> arrived quite raw) and having the Gallery to myself to actually hear all
> the pianos in relative quiet was a treat and an incredible educational
> experience. Voicing in the killer octave..hmmm what did this guy do and
> how bout this one..yeah! I know it was almost impossible to hear in that
> room especially during the day and I only wish everyone could have
> compared the pianos in this relative quiet. Each piano was a gem in its
> own rite truly.

Ron O and I heard you back there in the late dark, checking
out the stock, and I noticed your piano bloomed into something
really nice after an evening of tuning and voicing. More than
one of us brought an unfinished kit to the show, so we
recognize the process. Good job!

> Another fun anecdote was seeing the "Two Rons" crawling under a 140 year
> old Steinway like two kids in a candy shop and finding much of their
> innovations validated. The question remains, "What happened?" Tee hee...

Well, yea. You get to see the real stuff, both mechanical and
human, on your back under a piano. Doesn't everyone know that? <G>

> Now I've got this cocked hat I have to get back to. We'll be shoring up
> the beam strength, adding a bass cut-off and a fish and converting the
> topstack to a modern one. Wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean....

Oh yes, indeed I do. A willingness to be spoiled is a very
good start.
Ron N