Restringing Pricing

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Mon Jul 3 11:00:29 MDT 2006

In a message dated 7/3/2006 6:01:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
blumetta at netzero.com writes:
I have a customer with a Knabe grand with the strings completely
rusted.
Bert,

Ed Foote mentioned a couple of things to look at before you take the job, and
I would add the bridges to that. Many Knabes had the grain of the cap running
across the bridge, and they are prone to massive cracking and separation.

The client will spend enough on the stringing that you want to know the whole
condition of the piano, so it doesn't come back to bite your reputation in
the behind. I would especially want to know the condition of the soundboard,
including both crown and downbearing.

Good luck,
Bob Davis