Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Jul 3 14:07:14 MDT 2006

> Hi list,
>
> It's been a busy week catching up after the convention but there are so many
> thoughts I wish to convey.
>
> First of all it was an honor to have my head on the same chopping block as
> Ron Overs, Dave and Judy Hughes, David Anderson, Dale and Dennis Erwin, Ron
> Nossamon, Chris and Karen R. and Chris H, and Shawn Hoar. Two highlights...
>
> I spent a lot of midnight hours prepping the Steinway Style IV (as it
> arrived quite raw) and having the Gallery to myself to actually hear all the
> pianos in relative quiet was a treat and an incredible educational
> experience. Voicing in the killer octave..hmmm what did this guy do and how
> bout this one..yeah! I know it was almost impossible to hear in that room
> especially during the day and I only wish everyone could have compared the
> pianos in this relative quiet. Each piano was a gem in its own rite truly.

Hey, Jude----
You are a great guy, with a huge heart, the perfect attitude, and fantastic
chops. It was an honor to be in the same row with you, and with all the
other guys.  Ron N., your piano was deeply thrilling to me; Ron O., same
thing; And on down the line, 8 little tonal universes, all incredibly alive
with tone and the possibility of tone.

Collegiality, true respect, feels like water when you're thirsty.  Aaaahhh.

All the Rebuilders are gems.

David Andersen