Pitch References

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Wed Jul 5 10:51:25 MDT 2006

OK, here you go:

It's not just the fact that the Korg tuner in question is probably an
entry-level model for the general public, has been kicking around a guitar
case for years, and was probably never calibrated.

You have to balance that against the ability of a professional tuner, with
professional, calibrated equipment, to *match* the string precisely to the
given pitch reference, to the one cent or less tolerance that is our custom.

What is the precision of the Korg in question, i.e. what is its lowest
resolution?  I'll bet the meter needle is five cents wide, regardless of its
calibration...

--Cy--