Piano Wire Canisters

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 6 00:37:59 MDT 2006

Hello,Listers!

In my case,1 lbs wire canisters stay in the shop,some of them “Rust in
Peace”.I prerefer to use 1/3 or ¼ wire dispencers with brakes and all 22
sizes are nicely fitted in an old ammunition metal box.

In order not to loose end of wire in 1 lbs canisters I attach  it on a
tuning pin,make 3 coils and make 2-3 bends.The bends make it very easy to
“fish” it out..Hope,this little tip helps,try it...

To make 1/3 lbs dispencers safer,I had purchased nice pouches from denim
fabric from American Piano Covers,they come in 2 colors with Velcro.One
color for ##12,13,14,etc,another color for 12 ½,13  ½,ETC,NUMBERS ARE
WRITTEN ON THE COVER WITH THE FELT TIP MARKER..It speeds-up finding those
dispencers quickly.    Isaac  Sadigursky,RPT. Los Angeles Chapter