Church situation

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 6 11:07:15 MDT 2006

Stability will hinge on changing as little as possible when tuning.

Let them know the month trial period is from your side also...

1st tuning should be at your normal rate.  Good solid tuning and evaluation of instrument.   What does it need besides tuning?  Did the other tuner do good work?   Is the piano going to take a pounding?   A well regulated piano with well-shaped hammers and voiced will "stay in tune" better...let them know what needs to be done to facilitate a good week to week piano.  You can not do your best work on a poorly maintained instrument.

2nd tuning "could" be discounted if all is well with the piano.  If they balk at doing other needed maintence, I wouldn't discount.  Remember not to discount your work and then find out they are going to try someone else after a month.

Bi-weekly service should be discounted, but only because it should take less time the tune the piano.   Every other week of unisons only should be possible.   Get them to install a dampchaser system...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California