what glue for hammer felts?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 6 12:55:21 MDT 2006

I've always used thick CA and finger clamped for several seconds and then move on to next one. As far as tone goes, I would have agreed with you before I had done dozens of these repairs. However, I have found that, considering the general type and condition of piano that has hammer felt falling off, the repaired/reglued hammers sound surprisingly similar to the other hammers - maybe not like new, but no worse than the other 87 cruddy hammers on the cruddy little beastie.

Terry Farrell