post pitch-raise creep?

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 7 01:42:34 MDT 2006

What ETD are you using? Don't they all have a built in PR program nowadays?

I'm using Tunelab and find that the machine-calculated overpulls put pitch right on the money, amazingly so.

In the olden days, I was using a Yamaha PT-100 II which didn't have the calculated overpulls. They recommended pulling it up (or down as the case may be, and I THINK I remember these fractions right, others may need to correct me) of 1/3 the difference in the bass, 1/5 the difference in the low tenor (about 6 unisons), and 1/4 the difference in the upper tenor and treble. So if the bass is averaging 18 cents flat, for example, you'd tune it 6 cents sharp.

Anyway, my point is that that method used to be very accurate, also.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri