Help with squeaky pedals

Mark's Piano Service mps at usol.com
Sat Jul 8 19:38:10 MDT 2006

Corrected that squeak problem today!
It turns out that the buckskin that I used in it to remove the squeak earlier actually was worn to a "shiny" finish. This made it squeak at the slightest movement of the pedal. To be certain there were no other areas, I checked this from the dampers on back, checking for noise as I added another piece of linkage.
I replaced the worn buckskin with a heavy leather on the bottom and a thinner layer of leather on the sides of the metal push-rods. I changed all three of them so that I will not receive a call later with the same issue regarding the sostenuto and the una corda.

Thank you to all for your great suggestions and words of wisdom.

Mark D. Montbriand

Mark's Piano Service
10576 Webster Road
Freeland, MI  48623