Tuning

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 9 18:38:46 MDT 2006

Greetings David,

I don't know about your analogy, but ETDs are tools that are remarkably accurate (and can make short work of big jobs), though the ear is always the final judge.  There will always be strong opinions about them--on both sides.  Having learned to tune aurally and years later purchasing an ETD, I can tell you that there are advantages and disadvantages to both methods.  The discussion has been had a billion times, I think.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois