Blatent commercial endorsement ...was Tuning

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 10 16:42:29 MDT 2006

Ahhhhh. Now I understand. And this is one reason why a dedicated unit is
preferred by some. I can scroll through the phone directory on my cell phone
and answer and place a call. That's it. Anything else is beyond me and I
don't care to learn how to do anything else. Sorry to sound like a moronic
Neanderthal.

The dedicated unit is more simple to operate. Yes, of course the computer is
easy - or the ETD running off a cell phone or whatever. But jumpin'
jimminies, if I had to learn all that stuff, I'd just get my aural skill to
a level where I didn't benefit from any of it.

I know this doesn't sound too intellectual, but I spend many, many hours per
week studying and experimenting with soundboard panels, and ribs, and
bending cut-off and bridges and new clamping systems, and new glues, and new
wood surface preparation techniques and all sorts of stuff, and in all
honesty, if I can save one hour of learning how to punch a button on a
computerized tuning aid, I'm all for it. I work way too many hours as it is,
it's just a simply case where some folks find the dedicated machine to be
more simple to use.

And that's all I got to say about that (I think).

Terry Farrell