post pitch-raise creep?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue Jul 11 17:50:20 MDT 2006

My take is that the purpose of the pitch raise pass is to make major tension
adjustments in the strings, so that's all I do in that pass: no pin-setting
or other settling.  In particular, the major effect is how bringing up
tension on one string affects the strings on both sides of it.  In my view,
any pitch change from setting the pin is so minor relative to the 10 cents
I'm pulling the string up as to be irrelevant, and certainly doesn't affect
other strings (much).  The 3, 5, or 7 cent overpull that TuneLab calculates
after measuring the pitch of the existing string is also significant, as
it's based on empirical measurements of string interactions.

--Cy--
shusterpiano.com