Fujan lever recommendation

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Tue Jul 11 20:54:12 MDT 2006

I am very impressed with my Fujan tuning lever that I got a couple weeks
ago. From the first tuning, I knew it was a keeper.

I have been using a Jahn since 2000 or so and never thought I would find its
equal for stiffness. Before that, I was using a Hale rosewood. The
difference in stiffness between the Fujan and the Jahn is a comparable
difference between the Jahn and the Hale. It is so noticeable after tuning a
section with the Fujan, then going back to the Jahn. It actually feels kind
of mushy, which I NEVER guessed I would say that about the Jahn!

You can feel the pin movement so well, and the lever is so stiff. But oh so
light, and so well balanced. It’s almost like you’re holding nothing in your
hand. I absolutely love it!

Steve has done a great job, and the lever is a beautiful piece of machinery
and art.

I got the deluxe kit with the 5° head, the 6.5” and 9” tubes, and the 5/8”
extension. I will normally use the 6.5” tube which makes a 10.5” lever. I
like that feel, but also can make it longer if I need to by putting the
longer tube on. Cool!

John Formsma