Digital calipers

Lhadeh at wmconnect.com Lhadeh at wmconnect.com
Wed Jul 12 18:11:53 MDT 2006

My calipers are the dial type and seem to be more accurate than plus or minus
5 thousandths providing they are properly zeroed first.

That said, I still make a double check with a micrometer when dealing with
wire or pin sizes, just to be sure.

Another tool I find useful is a digital micrometer.  Mine is a cheapo Harbor
Freight special that was around $20 on sale a year or so ago.  The digital
readout is not electronic, but mechanical, similar to a car odometer.  I'm
usually wary of cheap tools, but this one has been fool-proof so far.  I sure makes
for easy readability.

Loren Hedahl