Inertia, was "Grand Touch"

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 07:31:16 MDT 2006

Jude,

I think it's great thatyou will be testing this experimentally.  One factor
you might want to look at is how the lead holes in the keystick affect its
flexibility.  It seems to me that a keystick with several large led holes
close to the balance pin would flex more on a hard blow than one with fewer
or smaller holes further away from the balance pin.  Looking forward to
hearing and discussing y our results.
\
Mike

Why
> is it that two keys with the same balance weight and the same front
weight
> but leads arranged differently seem to me to feel the same?
>
> I ask because I had a customer that asked me to place all the leads
closer
> to the front and to use less leads after I had already set up the FW to
my
> specification in a new keyboard using a tower pattern nice and close to
the
> balance rail. I went through all the trouble but as far as I or anyone
else
> could tell the action felt the same.
>
> I'm in the process of building several action models to test the science
as
> I am slowly digesting it so you are all being quite helpful.
Unfortunately