Sitka is for Soundboards

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 14 15:15:34 MDT 2006

Today I received over 1,000 bd.-ft. of beautiful Sitka Spruce that I hand picked a couple weeks ago up in Canada after the Rochester convention. I had help lined up to move the wood but all of that fell through at the last minute. My back is killing me!

Most of this stock is 2" x 9" x 16'. Those longer ones are 20 feet long. Spruce is pretty light stuff, but if the board is big enough, it can weigh a pretty fair bundle!

Anyone need a soundboard?

Terry Farrell