Pinblock Repair

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 07:51:06 MDT 2006

You can get plugs from Webb Phillips which will allow you to redrill
and install 2/0 pins. Personally, I would be a bit leary about
trusting a whole set of new bass strings to CA for long term
stability. Why don't you put plugs in the entire bass section?
While some folks swear by veneer in tuning pin holes, I have never
found it to be an acceptable repair (when I've attempted it).
Patrick Draine, RPT