finished my lever

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Mon Jul 17 07:00:49 MDT 2006

Hi All,

Just thought I'd show you the end result.  This is the tuning lever I made a
while back and inquired about what everyone uses for finishing tool handles.
I went with a Danish Oil finish in the end (tried varnish, lacquer, poly).
I learned many of the finer points of both making this type of handle as
well as different finishing techniques.  Very fun, and, I love my new lever.
Birds Eye Maple and Walnut - shore is pretty.  The pictures just don't do
justice.  Titanium shaft BTW.

A note on the Danish Oil: on first application, I was not excited with the
way it looked, but after a month of use, am very pleased with the feel, and
sheen that it has taken on.  Woodworking is fun!

William R. Monroe