Plate bolt question

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 13:54:20 MDT 2006

MessageGeoff,
I'm with David I. about that; don't sweat the understring ones....UNLESS you are noticing a tuning stability problem or unless you're finding the easy to reach ones obviously in need of a turn. In those cases, bite the bullet and loose just enough strings just enough to get the screwdriver onto the screw/bolt. More work up front but often less in the long run. I often use those big Phillips and flathead screwdriver tips that fit into the tuning hammer. I got for very snug, but not ridiculously so. No need to gratuitiously strip screws, LOL.

And, don't forget to at least look at and try to get to the plate screws at the bottom of vertical piano's plate.

Robin Blankenship
Matoaca, VA