Pinblock Repair

Will Wickham wwickham at stny.rr.com
Wed Jul 19 08:47:26 MDT 2006

Hi Clark.

I did use Webb's product on a grand a few years ago with great
success so far. I removed the action and masked the keybed then put
the stuff in with a small dowel, trying to work it into any voids in
the plank. After allowing it to dry overnight I ran a drill through
each hole then pinned and strung in the usual manner. To date the
pins are just as tight now as they were when I first did the repair.
I didn't have any that were as loose as what you're dealing with, but
based on my previous experience I'd give it a try. If it doesn't work
you can still drill out the hole and use plugs.

will wickham