Brass but plates

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Jul 20 16:32:59 MDT 2006

It was meant as a direct replacement part.
I just don't like the repair clips 513A, 513B, 513KA and 513KB. They do work, but I have found them to not hold their position. It could be I was doing something wrong. :-(
With the repair flange #517, I can scribe the position for it, remove that section of rail, cut the piece out, and insert the repair flange.
Depending on the job, I sometimes still use the first mentioned flanges. Depends on the piano, the second method is much more time consuming. (More expensive, due to time involved)
If too many are broken, then have the section, duplicated.
I saw a demonstration of annealing the rails to bring the flexibility, back to the rail. I can't remember the temperature you had to bring it to.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca