Story and Clark not tuned for 30 years!!

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 22:08:29 MDT 2006

Hi Sam,

I hope you can study about some different pitch
raising techniques if you haven't already.

Judging from your assessment, it sounds like there is
not any reason you couldn't successfully bring this
piano up to A440 through a good pitch raise technique
and then fine tuning.

Six months is too long to wait and go back to retune
this piano.  Major adjustments in pitch need to be
followed up much sooner than that or the major pitch
adjustments will be necessary again.

>When I moved my tuning hammer, the pitch
> would go up, then go down when I released it.

Were the tuning pins tight enough in the pin block to
hold their pitch at least for a few minutes? If not
you will have to address this issue before any tuning
can be done.

Bob Hull