Erratic Keypins: Non-smart-Alecky suggestion

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 11:25:27 MDT 2006

If the tops of the holes are too messed up, you might
drill the rail all the way through, with the
appropriate sized drill bit carefully positioned into
the bottom of the hole. ( The bottoms of the holes
being presumed to still be in their original position.
) Then, put a  piece of Mylar (TM) under the front
rail, and put the appropriate sized PianoTek
center-locating punch in the hole, making a prick in
the Mylar. Transfer this to the top side of the rail
with your new wood inlay in place, and drill new
holes.
     Thump