White key coverings

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sun Jul 23 16:08:30 MDT 2006

Hi list,
Where are the best sources of high quality white key coverings?   I still
have 4 boxes of shaped covers I bought about 10 years ago ( a  German source, I
think) but I now realise how poor the shaping is compared  with the coverings
one comes across on new pianos, from Steinways to cheap  Oriental instruments.
My particular concern is the amount of  'rounding'    which ready shaped sets
display.   It always looks very poor at the shoulders by the sharps, rather
like a  cheap organ or small keyboard.  Who produces really crisp looking  sets?

ric