American School of Piano Tuning

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Jul 24 20:37:20 MDT 2006

Hi Wayne,
Get the Arthur Reblitz book from the library, it might help.
The unfortunate thing, is that it is hard to unlearn wrong methods that
you have learned.
Join the PTG as soon as possible, and possibly some RPT will take you
under his wing.
The help you get will depend on the amount of work available, in your
area. Because it is kind of hard to train your future competition, if
you are short of work yourself.
Just keep working, doing the best job you can.
Don't charge for the amount of time it takes you, if you are getting the
job done by trial and error, the customer should not pay for your
learning experiences. Charge for the amount of time it should have taken
you, if you got it right the first time.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca