should I repair, replace, retreat, or recommend a recking ball on Thomas vertical?

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Jul 25 21:15:00 MDT 2006

There is no future for the piano.  There was one in my area, that got sold
to someone else <after> I had condemned it.  Then I got <another> call
from the people who bought it from them...

Sort of makes one wonder about some folks' ethics.

Who knows, maybe the very same piano made its way up there to Wisconsin.
I wonder how many miles north it traveled with each sale?  :-)

No, actually the one I saw had keys breaking at a pivot where a balance pin
should have been.  Can't really remember what the connection was like--all I
recall was it was <different>.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois