should I repair, replace, retreat, or recommend a recking ball on Thomas vertical?

Carlos Ralon ceralon at comcast.net
Tue Jul 25 22:10:57 MDT 2006

I worked for the Washington, DC dealor, Campbell Music Co, who was considering handleing them in the late 50's or early 60's.  He had the DC chapter come in for a tech session. The rep for the Company (Lindeman I think) said it was the new thing in piano design.  I understood him to claim they were flown in from Shannon, Ireland.  The hammer flanges could be snapped out with a thin flat screwdriver like tool.  He wanted us to purchase the necessary tools required to work on them.  No one did.  We sold Steinway, Sohmer, Kimball, Gulbransen... We sure did not need that thing.  That was the only one I ever worked on.  Thank God they did not buy them.  Obviously, somebody did!  Do yourself a favor, be nice but say no thanks.
Carlos Ralon, RPT