A 435 or A 440 ?

Patrick Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 25 23:46:31 MDT 2006

Jack: I would definitely tune it to A440. Someone with a very accurate sense of perfect pitch might well be bothered by A435, and there is no reason not to tune to standard pitch. The difference in tension is not enough to worry about.
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild