Serial numbers of Yamaha/kawai pianos

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick at pianospianissimo.com
Wed Jul 26 02:17:12 MDT 2006

Hi Paul,

"Samick pianos and the kawai
> and Yamaha
> pianos manufactured in the Asian region"

I take it you mean Asian countries other than in Japan (as the latter ones
you can find in the Pierce Piano Atlas).

You can find these on their websites, some links I found on google go
straight to the "technical support" section. (type for example: yamaha
piano serial numbers).

Yamaha Pianos Manufactured in Jakarta, Indonesia:

Jan-00 1700000
Jan-01 1800000
Jan-02 1900000
Jan-03 2000000
Jan-04 2100000

Kawai Pianos manufactured in Indonesia:

2003 - F000200
2004 - F002200
2005 - F004700

I didn't find however any "official" info on Samick serial numbers.
Samick Pianos
1978-30150 1981-31960 1984-50630 1988-114390 (according to
bluebookofpianos.com)

Hope it helps,

Patrick

> Where could I find the year of manufacture for Samick pianos and the kawai
> and Yamaha
> pianos manufactured in the Asian region.  The Piece atlas does not have
> those serial
> numbers that I find in India.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Jaikumar