rocker arm to capstan conversion

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 26 20:03:05 MDT 2006

On 7/26/06, dralanshulman shulman quoth:

>Have any of you performed a conversion from rocker arm to
>conventional capstans?

Just curious why, I find that these actions work very well. I just
finished a '90's Weber that plays so smoothly, I actually wondered
why they got away from them. (Probably manufacturing cost) Regulation
is not difficult, and with tight screws and good bushing cloth they
are quiet. If you change the whips you will need to figure out how
high a heel and how high you want your capstan to sit for best
performance.
--
----Dave