A 435 or A 440 ?

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Thu Jul 27 10:51:05 MDT 2006

Of course the major mismalfunctionary type problem with the whole
absolute pitch concept is that there are no absolute tones or sets of
tones in the physical world which correspond to it.  One is left asking
the question.... Absolute in relation to what ?.... Grin... Absolute
relativity I guess... or perhaps relative-absoluteness...

Cheers
RicB

--------------

To anyone who might dismiss Absolute Pitch through envy I would
suggest that they reconsider, since the ability is often more of a
bane than a blessing.  My friend is a case in point;  he is
extraordinarily fussy and very quickly tires of any piano he plays.
His latest acquisition is a 1970s Steinway D which to me is a very
uninteresting and flawed example.  In a year or so he will be wanting
something different.  I doubt very much whether he could ever be a
tuner, since he would always be second-guessing the laws of nature
and of equal temperament.

JD