credit cards

Ross White jrwhiteltd at msn.com
Thu Jul 27 14:38:20 MDT 2006

You’re lucky.  I responded to an unsolicited purchase order from the U S
Army at Fort Lewis, to install a dolly on a nice studio piano they had, plus
a lot of other repairs and a few tunings.  It all came to about thirteen
hundred dollars.  They gladly arranged my access to the base and to the
instruments, all neatly locked up.  I did the required work, and billed them
in the manner they required, on the forms they provided, and then waited.  A
year later, I hired a lawyer to try to get paid.  He tried several ways and
actually received replies from the Army, all very courteous and polite,
always acknowledging the validity of the claim.  These efforts continued for
several years.  I never got paid.

I know other merchants, in various retail lines, who’ve had identical
experiences.

It may seem unpatriotic and ungrateful to say it, but the military cheats.
It’s a crooked operation.  I know many businessmen in my community who
absolutely refuse to sell anything to the Army.

There’s a reason toilet seats cost the Army eight hundred bucks each!

J R W

  _____