Baldwin SD-10 Treble Counterbearing

Horace Greeley hgreeley at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 28 10:07:39 MDT 2006

At 07:14 AM 7/28/2006, you wrote:
>>Thanks, just what I was looking for.  Did you at all consider
>>shimming up the back end under where the screws are to increase the
>>angle slightly?
>
>No, I thought the approach angle was steep enough. What do you think?

I've generally found that shimming the back of the plate introduces
more problems than it may solve...increased buzz and tuning stability
issues being the main culprits.

Ron, I really like the new radius you put on the bearing.  That
should clean things up a good deal.  Also the plating was different
between the earlier and later versions.  I suspect that your
electroless nickel is the ticket.

Best.

Horace