Why? Why? Why?

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:55:55 MDT 2006

Les,
I really appreciate your post. I would like to quibble over one
sentence, which seems (as I read it) somewhat unfair.

On 7/29/06, Leslie Bartlett <l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
   So, in a sense persons who
> are not RPT's are non-existent as they have not completed their memebership
> by doing what is at least implicit in the bylaws- gain skills to pass exams
> and prove they have the skills to call themselves RPT.

"Non-RPTs are non-existent" -- that's going a bit too far for me!
There many highly qualified Assocaite members who have not taken the
exams!! However it is true that the public access "Find A Technician"
part of the PTG website does not list Associates, for the reasons that
you gave (the RPT exams are the way our organization certifies basic
comptency as a piano technician).

As for David I's question to you, I do seem to recall seeing you
dilgently (seemingly 18 hours a day) moving pianos at several PTG
Institute/Conventions that I've attended in the past few years.
Patrick Draine, RPT