back action replacement questions

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Jul 29 23:43:11 MDT 2006

<< Curious if red oak would do well as replacement mounting blocks for the
damper tray rather than maple? (I am a long distance from a hardwood store) The
existing was bad as one side was pine and egg shaped in the pin hole - the
other side still original maple but suffering from the effects of the age and
excess tray wobble. >>

It would, I think, be simple to simply drill out a 3/8" hole directly over
the existing one, and install a plug of maple then redrill the hole.  That is
easier than making a block and trying to get the hole back exactly like it was.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT