Removing Leads......

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 09:54:15 MDT 2006

Terry asked: "Does anyone have a picture of Renner's DeadLeader? I'm just curious what it
is. I looked on the RennerUSA & Lloyd Meyer web sites and could not find it."

Thanks.

Terry,
I have one. I'd be happy to scan it for you, but my scanner does weird things, so you'd get whatever it had a mind to "scan"!!!<G> It's not in the catalogue and is in "limited" availability. Just ask and they'll tell you whether it is available and the price.
Personally, I think the tool is well made, but for what you pay I expected it to work better and possibly do a plethora of other things, as well!<G>
On the last job of leading an entire set of keys, I tried it and found that the block of wood & punch AND the drill press were far more efficient and less tiring. Also, I was not satisfied with the "consistency" of how solidly the lead was in the key, with that tool. I much prefer the punch/hammer for that, thereby having a "feel" for the purpose.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I