Dead-On Unisons - Was Startlingly Stable Steinway

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Sun Jul 30 20:13:44 MDT 2006

Alan wrote:

Tuned the piano and had multiple freebies, including some don't-touch'em
unisons. There was not a single string more than 3 or 4 cents out and darned
few that were that "bad". And I'm very fussy about on-pitch notes and
dead-on unisons.

****

Hi all.  I'm interested to know how many "don't-touch'em unisons" y'all come
across in your daily work.  Quite often I find unisons I'd rather not
bother.  Then for some dumb reason I decide to mess with them to see if
there's any room for improvement.  (Newbie tuner experimentations.)  Thanks
for sharing your experiences.

Michelle Smith

Bastrop, Texas