Dead-On Unisons - Was Startlingly Stable Steinway

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 20:40:21 MDT 2006

Pretty rare, actually. This piano was just amazing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rather not bother" but, for me, if there is ANY noise in it, I retune. If you are still kind of new, you may be moving the pin too much which can make unison tuning take too long and be frustrating.

 It's really a matter of "finessing" the string into tune and often requires very, very little movement. It's a touch that can't be taught, really, just practice while thinking about and feeling what's happening at all times when the hammer is on the pin.

Hope it helps.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO