Dead-On Unisons - Was Startlingly Stable Steinway

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Mon Jul 31 06:31:29 MDT 2006

You may want to give these "freebies" a good smack. Most often I find
that even when the unisons are good there is unequal tension on the
different string segments. It's not unusual, at least in my neck of the
woods, to see these "good" unisons move several cents on a hard blow
after a seasonal change or recent humidity swing.

-          Mark Dierauf
-