Pianotek's ebony sharp stain

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Mon Jul 31 10:08:13 MDT 2006

Terry - I would tend to agree about leaving slight color variations in
ebony, feeling as you do that it adds character and looks more 'natural'
(NPI). However, this particular set had one sharp near the center of the
keyboard that had a noticeable brown spot (as opposed to a streak) about
the size of the end of your pinky, and it really stood out from the rest
of the set which are generally quite black.

- Mark