Oh Joy!...It's Monday! (SIGH!)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 31 18:18:36 MDT 2006

Todays's chuckle(s)
Got a call from Schaff, they won't carry the  DarnellHardwood Casters because they'd have to buy a whole bunch. Hmmm? Are they thinking of not being in business long enough to sell a few hundred casters? Sheesh!
Shortly after that call, I get a call from a good client, who happens to work for Alaska Copper and Brass, (the source I said had brass spring wire). He told me he had found a source for the .026" brass spring wire. (That's the good News) The bad news: One must buy 100 pounds of the stuff @ a price of $500.00!!! AS IN YIKES! (That'd be enough spring wire for 100 years of production of a manufacturer, for god sake!) We are constantly losing sources for materials. This is getting to be a royal pain. Almost makes me want to go back to Cooking for a living! ( I said ALMOST<G>)
End of rant.....for now.<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I