"key bounce"

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Thu Jun 1 16:55:38 MDT 2006

Greetings,
Wouldn't part of the problem be at the balance rail? It seems to me that a proper adjustment of the balance rail glide bolts would be the first thing I would look into. Then, I'd make sure that the Balance pin hole in the key is has no slop in it. Too many times I've seen over sized holes as some think it's OK to have the key so loose around the pin so you can lift the key at the front so it drops without any friction. That's OK if your traveling the key parallel to the frame but forcing up in an arc does not give proper measurements for rocker function. If easing is needed I always ream the hole side to side... not front to back. Why would the manufacture over weigh the keystick so much? If your touch can detect it than I would definitely look into the key bedding situation

Some interesting answers on this subject! Just my two cents

David Chadwick
Las Vegas

What causes a key to "bounce"? In that, when the key is pressed and