Pinblock dilemma for a first timer.

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 22:16:10 MDT 2006

Hi Phillip
   Glue on a filler piece of maple on the back side to reach your  final
dimension.  Glue clamps   & wood... grin. With  glue joints all in disarray are
you prepared to reglue every joint in the piano?  I have.  Suspect every joint.
  Dale

I have begun rebuilding my first piano. It is an upright player. Upon
removing the plate from the piano, the pinblock and soundboard fell out.  (Almost
all the glue joints on the piano have come loose, so this is not that
surprising) Anyway, the old pinblock measures 1 3/4 inch thick. After going  through
the supply house catalogs (Schaff and Pianotek)  the thickest new pinblock
obtainable was 1 1/2 inch. What  should I do to obtain the original thickness? Any
suggestions would be  greatly appreciated as I lack experience in this regard.

Phillip Pardue
_Hotwheelsp at aol.com_ (mailto:Hotwheelsp at aol.com)