A First Tuning

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 3 07:42:14 MDT 2006

Subject: A First Tuning

Hi all.  I wanted to tell you about my very first tuning for pay.  It was
for a music teacher friend who lives in an old farmhouse here in Central
Texas.  She said I might want to come early in the day because she has no
air conditioning!   So I get there about 9:00 and it's pretty pleasant.  She
has the windows open and the fans running.  I learned very quickly that the
fans were going to have to be turned off (wah, wah, wah.).  By the time I
finished it was nice and toasty.  (Read sweating like a pig.)    =)

Of course, you're probably wondering what kind of shape this poor Baldwin
Console was in with our Texas weather.  Would you believe that the bass was
a little flat, the treble quite a bit sharp, and the center was almost dead
on?!  It hasn't been tuned in years.

Anyways, just thought you might like to hear about the adventures of a
newbie tuner.

Michelle Smith

Bastrop, Texas

Congratulations!  Keep going.  Soon you'll have a following.  PTG is here to
help when you need it.

Paul C