Slow Hammer Return

James H Frazee jimfrazee at msn.com
Sat Jun 3 16:52:46 MDT 2006

there may be hammer return springs broken.  They come off when we  pull dropped mutes out of the action.  When that happens, most of us put them back in the slot most of the time....

I have a super-long pair of tweezers (about 9") just for this purpose (originally bought to get olives out of jar without pouring juice in my, uh, beverage of choice.)  It's amazing how many pianos have this problem when first encountered.